Vai al contenuto

introduction

Hi everyone, Luca from Cayman here. I own a 99 PX200 with front disk brake that is being restored. Look forward to posting here.

cheers

Luca

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• Utenti Registrati
STAFF

Welcome Luca!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Yes, a thoughttful and kind soul suggested this site. Thank you for the welcome. This place is definitely more populated than I first thought. Please notice my change of nickname to reflect the one on other sites.

As far as the history of my Vespa and why it needs restoration:

I bought the Vespa in Italy in 1999, put it on a pallet and shipped it to Cayman. Anyone who has done business in Italy would know it was not as easy as that. Why does everything have to be so complicated????

I loved my vespa, drove it to work every day and it reminded me of my youth in Genova, even if, when I lived there, I drove my father's lambretta 50. A lambretta in Genova, the temple of Piaggio! You can imagine the ribbing I had to endure from my piaggio crazed friends! It was brutal, but it built character...

I thought I was the first to own a vespa in Cayman, but when I took it to registration the officer told me he had just registered one the week before. I eventually met the owner, a bloke from London. We are still great friends and visit each other often. There are now a lot of vespas here, and even a dealership that sells the 4stroke models.

In 04 Cayman was hit by an historical hurricane. I was vacationing in Italy, but the vespa was flooded with salt water as she sat in a wharehouse. I could not return for 7 weeks, and when I did I took it apart, cleaned it as much as I could given the circumstances (no power, water, limited resources) and put in storage until I had the time and money to deal with it.

This brings us to the present. I have a little spare time now and I am in the process of restoration. I will need your help and encouragement, but I am looking forward to the challenge.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading,

Luca

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 3 years later...

Prospective sponsors who observe a top class flyer may be of the opinion that they may be certainly a part of a significant of discount golf clubs and refined event and hence they may be more willing to get involved ishiner. On the other hand, XXXXXXXXXXXX may be not very keen on sponsoring your event if your golf flyer makes you appear amateurish.

E mo, che famo?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 1 year later...

Hi Luca.Here you will find good experts on the Vespa to help you in any problems or questions. If you want some information just ask. Sorry for my English but not speak it well, since I only took the certification trinity grade 4. :ciao:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

è un post del 2006...

cosa andate a tirare fuori???

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 1 year later...